4,500 sq. ft. with Superb Sea Views
Built in 2006 to the vendor's exacting design and specification by C.G. Fry (a much respected Dorset Building Contractor) with emphasis on quality and attention to detail and no expense has been spared to create this exceptional home.
It is arranged over 2 floors with principal accommodation on the ground floor and 3 additional bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs, taking advantage of the southerly aspect and sea views.
- About 4,500 square feet plus the large double garage.
- Traditional construction with cavity walls faced in hand made brick and a clay tiled roof. Underfloor heating.
- Coved ceilings with picture rails and high ceilings.
- Bespoke kitchen units with granite worktops.
- Limestone flooring tiles and quality fitted carpets.
- Hand carved Portland Stone fireplace with olive motif.
- Ample store cupboards, bookshelving and wardrobe space.
- Excellent quality sanitary ware.
Extending to about 4,500 sq. ft. (418 m. sq.) and set in delightful mature gardens (approaching 1 Acre) with super sea views.
A secluded south facing setting backing on to the Lyme Regis Golf Course.
- Drawing Room
- Dining Room
- Garden Room
- Kitchen/Family Room (33'6" x 16'6")
- Utility and 2 Cloakrooms
- Ground Floor Master Bedroom with Ensuite and Dressing Room
- 3 Double First Floor Bedrooms (1 Ensuite) and a Family
- Integral Double Garage with electric up and over doors
- Colourful landscaped Gardens and grounds
The delightful gardens and grounds are a particular feature and provide colour all year.
- Pond with fountain, water garden with shallow waterfall with working pump
- Occasional green woodpecker and owls visiting Monterey pine trees and wooded area
- Secluded, sheltered, patio close to woodland area
- Mature rhododendrons, providing spring colour and play area for young children
- Helleborus Orientalus flowers in wide range of colours planted in all wooded areas, flowering in winter
- Snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils, magnolias, japonicas, witch hazels, cherry trees flowering in winter and spring
- Apricot, peach, greengage, Victoria plum, fruit bearing cherry trees flowering in spring
- Many highly scented azaleas (including Pontica Luteums) providing spectacular colour in April and May
- Pale pink peonies and fine bearded irises flowering in May
- Many seating areas for relaxing in sun or shade
- Productive apricot, greengage and Victoria plum trees and cherry and peach
- Scented roses climbing over arches, fences flowering from May through to September
- Two circular, raised beds filled with lavender
- Well stocked flower beds in front and main garden bearing tropical coloured flowers in summer and autumn
- Well stocked perennial herb bed close to kitchen, planted with marjoram, thymes, tarragon, savoury; and separately various rosemary shrubs
- Parsley and basil usually planted in herb bed during warmer months
- Stunning autumn colours from Japanese maple trees, sedums and polygonums
- Summer house with heating, lighting and power points
- Summer house is ideal spot for watching small garden birds and also for stunning views across valley
A superb elevated site on the eastern side of Lyme Regis about 3/4 mile from the town centre and seafront.
Lyme Regis is a picturesque coastal town noted for its many character buildings, centuries old Cobb Harbour and unspoilt surrounding countryside. In Lyme Regis, in addition to the adjacent golf course, there is an active sailing club and a wide selection of shops (many independent). The town is situated on the beautiful and unspoilt Devon and Dorset 'Jurassic Coast' awarded World Heritage Site status by UNESCO in December 2001.
Nearby there is a main line railway station (Exeter to Waterloo line) at the market town of Axminster and the larger centre of Dorchester, Exeter and Taunton are all about 25-30 miles away.
Local schools are all highly regarded including two primary schools (in Lyme Regis and Uplyme), Woodroffe Secondary School in Lyme Regis and the Colyton Grammar School.
From Lyme Regis town centre proceed down Broad Street, through the traffic lights into Church Street and then Charmouth Road. After about 1/3 mile up the hill turn right into Timber Hill and Beaumont House will be found approx. 1/4 mile on the right.
Dorset Council - 01305 251010
Council Tax Band: G
We understand that mains water and gas are connected but applicants should verify this with their own enquiries. Septic tank drainage. Gas central heating is installed (underfloor on the ground floor and radiators upstairs).
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Martin Diplock Estate Agents & Valuers, 36 Broad Street, Lyme Regis on (01297) 445500.